Monday, 20 July 2009

Felting in July

It’s strange to work with wool in hot Spanish July, but that’s just what I’m doing. Wool, warm water and soap, gauzes and bamboo mats, a long table, a close drain, a rubber mopper and a hanging rack. Strengthening my arms and also tanning my shoulders. Friction, movement, bubbles and water dripping all over my feet.

I’m making pebbles and felts for jewellery, I’m felting painted silk in to wool and making fabrics, I’m prefelting for winter scarves. I’m quite behind on my 2009 schedule so I had to skip a few things, but July is marked for felting and here I am. I’m not taking pictures all the time as it slows me down but I’ll show you my table and hanging rack every now and then.

4 comments:

  1. Love all the colours! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful use of color - beautiful blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the colors...these are stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are amazing, and the way you have photographed them is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete