Saturday, 10 January 2009

Lasidi's little history

I started Lasidi as a way to pay the materials I needed to make things. Hobbies can be quite expensive…
As I’m timid, I tried on the internet on the first big selling site I hear
d of: Ebay.

This was a big opening for me. Not just cause I could sell my items but because it introduced me to online buying
. As I cannot find certain materials locally, discovering Ebay was discovering a whole new world of supplies at my reach. And so, I constantly invested all my sales in to more and better supplies.

In 2008 Lasidi grew up a little. Trying to find out what I like the most and experimenting constantly has greatly improved my
items. I closed my Ebay shop to begin again, but this time on two sites I had just heard about, dedicated to the handmade: Etsy and Dawanda.
Also, as my items got better I had to make an effort to picture them in a better way, so my photography skills have improved greatly in the last year, and hopefully will continue to.

By the end of 2008 these are my achievements for Lasidi:

I have set up an online gallery
and two online shops.
I have wholesaled to one local shop.

I have a nice range of suppliers and supplies.
I’m concretin
g and perfecting my designs while making new ones.
I’m beginning to find myself through my work and being p
roud of it.
I have promoted my items on social sites.
I have been featured!

I have started this blog
.



My Mosaicglobe gallery front page, where you can browse through my categories, read a bit about me, access my shops and see a preview of some of my non functional works.




My flickr gallery, where I upload all my new pictures.




My Dawanda shop, where you can buy my items priced in Euros.




My Etsy shop, where you can buy my items priced in USD.




Etsy treasuries I have been featured in.




Etsy treasuries I have made.




My first treasury and only Etsy front page!




Lasidi featured at eyeshoot.co.uk



Lasidi’s Mosaicglobe Creativity Competiton Award!




0 comments:

Post a Comment